Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Labor Day Weekend

This Labor Day, we didn't spend our time laying around the pool.

We spent our time traveling to Stephentown, NY for a wedding of a friend of Lee's from Middle School, Tommy Curi.



The Farm where Tommy and Teresa live




It was a beautiful drive from Albany and I was in awe of the countryside. The weather that day was pretty fab as well.

We stayed at Jiminy Peak ski resort.

I'll just say... not so much a resort. I really thought half the time I walked down the hall that the twins from The Shining would be standing there.

The next day, after 13 hours of sleep, we didn't have to be back at the farm for the wedding until 4 so we drove into New Lebanon and had a charming breakfast at Blueberry Hill Cafe. The best part of this was when I went to fix my large iced coffee on the way out the door and tumped the whole blasted thing over. So I go running over to this sweet 16 year old chick saying "Ma'm? MA'M?!" and she turned to me like "WTF?" After that I followed up with lots of "y'all". They looked at me like I was from another planet.

Then it was off to the wedding.

Taking Photos. The groomsmen all wore seersucker suits!

Hooray for finding this dress last minute and ON SALE!

Ben and Katie, he was obvs a groomsmen.

Katie and I with Tommy, the Groom.


Hello, Bee.



Signature drink - something with bourbon and honey and lavendar and I had 5...Bartender owns/runs This Bar.

The dinner tent.


Several courses - all chef made as Tommy himself is a chef.


Tommy and Teresa! That dress... I die.
The travel was overwhelming but worth it in the end. We had a great time and hope to go back with Logan and let him play with the chickens on the farm and cook with Tommy.

Only if he sends me that drink recipe...

Photobucket

No comments: