Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Two

Ellie is One Month Old today. Wow.

I have two kids.

TWO.

I won't sugar coat that I have had some hard moments - which I am sure is expected as I navigate two tiny humans that need me at the same time... 

Lee is currently on this second business trip. Last weeks was hard since it was my first time alone for two nights with them both. This one has gone a little smoother. I have learned I have to be out of bed by 6:30am - even if the baby is asleep (Logan is almost always awake) so that I can pump, start coffee, feed Ellie, feed Logan, feed the dogs and give Teddy his insulin, dress logan, hopefully shower and dress myself, and get out the door to get Logan to school before 8:30. In fact I try to get him there before 8:15 because they have free play before 8:30 and he loves it.

Last night was hard because Ellie was fussy during Logan's bedtime. I am hard headed and I am refusing to bring her into his bedroom while we have our routine. I want to keep his bedtime our special time. It was hard reading him a book and hearing her fuss in the next room but she was fine.

Logan has gone through a few struggles getting used to his new sister but we are so so proud of how he is doing. His regression is mainly some accidents in is pants and biting at school. His school is being incredibly patient and loving as he gets over the hump.

He loves Ellie. He wants to take care of her and calls it "brothering." He watched Ellie while I showered yesterday and I told him to come get me if she starts to cry. He never did. I quietly walked in to find this:

He told me he was talking to her like a cat. Ha!
We were getting him dressed and she started to fuss and he said "I need to get back to brothering!" and he ran to her and said "Ellie I am here!" So sweet.

Sleep isn't so bad - not as bad as I had envisioned. yeah some nights suck but some are easier. I try to nap in the day if I can.

Chilling in the Playroom

Ellie has grown so much in the last month and is starting to be more alert. We are really enjoying her!

Bear with me as I figure out - Mom of Two..

Ready for Church!


Photobucket

No comments: