Thursday, April 11, 2013

Major Impressions

I've always been an avid book nerd. I think this started with my Dad and his love of books, especially Stephen King. Of all the Stephen King books I have read, this one I still remember:

I heard he wrote this as a fairy tale for his daughter. I have read it at least 3 times.

Over the last few weeks I have felt this need to read a book I remember way back from grade school. All I could remember was it was about Nazi Germany and a girl with a best friend with a Star of David necklace. I googled and found it and read it in only a few nights.

Of all the books I was assigned to read in school, there is one that I fondly think back upon and I am about to read it again:


I can't tell you enough how much this book enveloped me, much like the classic Bridge to Terabithia did to others. Read it. With tissues.

Otherwise I am always looking for a good book to read. I am stumped on any of the new ones out there that I need to be looking into. Ideas?
Photobucket

2 comments:

Jessi said...

I remember To Kill a Mockingbird. I think I need to go back and read that again. On the same line as Number the Stars - have you read Boy in the Striped Pajamas? It was very good with an unexpected twist at the end. Enjoy!

Donald said...

Sounder