Thursday, January 16, 2014

Being Happy

Starting the day Logan was born, I changed.

Don't look at me like that, I am not going for the cliche here. I'm talking that I really changed.

While becoming a mother has something to do with it, it's not just that. Maybe I never fully got out of the PPD thing. Maybe I should be on meds again. Who knows. All I know is, I tend to lean towards the bitter and snappy side of things these days and I don't like that at all.

For now, I am doing my best to take the steps I need to get myself back on track again.

Step 1: Doing something that is good for me. I started Pilates at Pure Body Studio in November. I get an hour doing something that makes me happy and is good for my body and soul. I actually look forward to going back.

Step 2: Read more. I used to be a book hound but working 40+ hours a week and then being a wife and mother, reading just barely fits in. On top of reading for pleasure, I am also starting this book:


 I have read the first few chapters and I am ready to dig in like she did. In January she gets rid of mindless clutter, cleans out the closets, and makes sleep a priority. I can tell you right now, my sleep is all out of wack right now. I really need to stop at 9pm, crawl into bed, read for a little while, and then go on to sleep.

Step 3: Relax and just enjoy it! We took Logan to Preston's birthday party at Home Depot. Logan was a little all over the place but I decided to just go with it. We stopped and walked around the store so he could look at tools - more than once. In the end, we all had more fun than if I had tried to make the poor kid sit in his chair!


I'm still looking for ways to reduce my stress and learn to roll with things. One step at a time, right?

Photobucket

1 comment:

Carlye Ignatenko said...

I'm glad to see you blogging again! It sounds to me like you are going through a phase that we all go through. Keep your chin up and never expect perfection in parenting. Something that has helped me when Ella is acting super difficult is to step back and try to imagine an adult acting that ridiculous. It makes me laugh every time! Love you!