Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Pass the snorkel...

That whole "just keep swimming" phrase was created just for me. I am convinced of this!

Don't worry, I'm not about to pout online again about being busy or upset.

Logan is doing better these days but still has some challenges I am trying to address. The hardest part is that he is just the sweetest kid ever. Full of kisses and hugs and random "I love you mommy!" So watching him get so angry/frustrated over pretty much nothing is tough. He is doing great at school, especially after the room change. His new teacher told me last week she is really enjoying him and he is just a little sponge for knowledge! Our little road here with Logan will forever be a process, I am sure.

We started setting up the nursery last weekend. Crib, rocking chair, and dresser are all in place. We need a few more essentials (changing pad, mattress, diaper pail, etc) but it's coming together. I sat quietly in her room last night and took all the tags off the onesies and hung up all the pretty dresses. I have an entire laundry basket of items that need to be washed and put away already. I still don't think we have enough basics in clothing but I know one trip to Carters on a sale day and I'll be set.

I only have a month left of work until I take an extended leave/quit. My initial idea was to just quit. My boss is trying to find creative ways to keep me around so now I have said that I will do nothing until January and then maybe I can work from home a few hours a week on non-essential issues to help the other staff keep working hard for the clients. This way my brain will stay active!

I am looking forward, in a way, to this new life headed towards me. I joined a beautiful and fancy new gym/studio that will have child care on top of Pilates, Yoga, Barre classes and showers full of fancy toiletries. This helps me know that I have a plan to lose the weight I want plus actually get a shower most days. That's a large hurdle with a baby.

In some ways, I have always seen myself as a stay at home mom. PTA, Bake sales, cookies with homework... Dinner on the table on time? (I kind of feel like I am kidding myself on that one). With Lee's extensive travel we both felt that my being home was the best solution to how crazy life has been and is about to be.

I have a few items arriving this week and then I can take a few shots of the baby room.

Friday we are headed to Dallas to go to Great Wolf Lodge for a little family vaca. Logan is super excited and sings the days of the week song every morning to see what day we are on.

Countdown to baby is around 8 weeks. September 28th.

Two kids. Something I never envisioned and I am super terrified about but...

Just keep swimming.



Photobucket

No comments: