Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Not So Lazy Days

I think my boss must read this blog.

No sooner did I hit "publish" on the "Working" post did she text me and ask me when I can start on our new office because we move at the end of June.

So just like that I am back to work - BUT from home!

Tea Latte for me please!


So... I may have a sharpie problem...

I set up a desk from Container Store in our living room and got all the computer stuff going. Now I remote into a computer at work and can devote Ellie's nap times to working.

I have already started working on ideas for the finishes in our new, fun office that is in the Galleria. Well, a short walk down a hallway and you are in the Galleria and about 20 steps from a Starbucks Kiosk.

How cool is THAT?

Anywhoo now my dining room looks like this:


Lee walked in and said "Design has taken over the dining room!" It'll all be gone or consolidated in a another week or two.

So far the balance is going well. My day tends to look like this:

7am: get up (not for the first time I assure you)
Make Logan's breakfast
Make Ellie's Bottle
Make my breakfast (lately it's been overnight oats. Yum!)
Feed the dogs and give Teddy his shot.
Feed Ellie her bottle.
Get Logan going on getting dressed
Get myself dressed and pack my gym bag.
Get Ellie dressed
8am: In the car taking Logan to school
8:30am: walking into the gym
10:30am: leaving the gym showered and dressed for the day
If I have any errands to run (groceries) I usually do this on the way home.

11:30am: Ellie's nap. This is when I work. Usually until around 1.

After that if she is happy playing on the floor or in her chair I work a little more.
On day I even managed to order samples like this:

Gotta do what you gotta do right?

The rest of the day is chores and picking up around the house, prepping dinner, etc. Logan is home by 5 every night and Lee walks in around 5:30. Dinner is at 6:15 and then the night routine to get both kids in bed before 8 begins.

It's a little scary but we manage to get it done most of the time.

After that we chat, watch tv, and drink wine.

At 10 I wake up Ellie to feed her, then go to bed and cross my fingers she makes it all night.

Last night she made it to 4am - which was pretty nice. That's 6 hours of sleep for me. If she had gone back to sleep like she normally does it would have been awesome - but she decided to throw a crib party until 5.

Not good when your 5 year old wakes up between 5:30 and 6 every. single. day. He watched his Kindle in his room until I got up. Then it's off while we do the morning routine.

Balance... I suppose.
Photobucket

No comments: