Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Old Times!

My 10 year high school reunion is coming up and I recently came across these photos from my Junior Prom. There are so many stories in just these 3 photos...
That's me. I think I was about 105 pounds sopping wet. I long for those days again.. Anyway, that is Josh next to me. We only "dated" for about 1 month or something. Just didn't match but he was a super nice guy! I have always been a real non fru-fru person (which is why I am still confused by my wedding dress..) so the plain black dress and not-really-fixed hair is still how I am today.Larry & Beckie, Adam and Christy, Josh and I.
Larry & Beckie: dated for a year or so. He then went off to the Marines and after Adam, her, and I flew to South Carolina to see him graduate - he dumps her. She cries all the way home. Thanks Larry, you still owe me for that plane ticket dude!
Adam & Christy: Dated a month or 2. She never really liked him but he was Larry's best friend and Beckie thought it would be a good match. Christy had eyes for someone else is about all I can say.
Adam is who I ended up dating by the very next month (yes, Christy and I fought about it but I couldn't help it! I liked him alot!) and proceeded to date for 4.5 years...
I already covered Josh and I.I remember this night - we went to El Toro - the nicest place in town really. Christy didn't really talk to Adam all that much. She really wanted to be with this other person and was just going through the motions. I was getting mad at her for being mean to Adam so she was getting mad at me for not being on her side. Even her mom was like "why weren't you being nice to him? He is so nice!"
I start dating Adam, Christy is mad mad mad, then I head off to Michigan for the summer to visit my mom and Adam and I made it work through those 2 months. I am tellin ya - 3 photos brought back lots of memories!
I want to go dig for more. I just know I have some...

1 comment:

Sabrina Bowen said...

Awww...I've actually been to the Palestine El Toro!