Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Stuffed Peppers

I am always looking for a quick meal that satisfies everyone, and bonus points if I get to use the crock pot! What's better on Sunday than starting dinner at noon and knowing you don't have to do anything else until the kiddo is in bed?

Sleeping in, maybe?

Anyhow, I was cruising Pinterest and saw this pin:
Found HERE
I love stuffed peppers but rarely do them since they can be pretty time consuming between prepping the peppers and making the stuffing.
My favorite part about this recipe?

You don't have to cook the meat first.

So while Logan was eating his lunch, I followed the recipe and had dinner in the crock pot in about 15 minutes.

On the side I served some black beans which I added cilantro, lime, and a little chili pepper to.

This dinner was an absolute hit and next time I will make sure I save one for Logan!

I also think I may add a can of Rotel to the mixture to give it a little more zip. Otherwise I put a little Chipotle Tabasco on mine and that did the trick.

Have a great day everyone!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy-- I'm going to have to try this over the weekend.