Monday, November 19, 2012

11 Things

While browsing through twitter today, I saw that Miss MP had tagged me in a fun get to know you type post!

The Rules:
1. Every tagged person must tell 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the 11 questions that the person who tagged you asked.
3. Ask 11 questions for the 11 blogs that you are going to tag.
4. Mention the blog that tagged you but don't tag back.


11 Random Things About Myself
1. I have extremely bad self esteem
2. My bulletin board still has September's calendar on it - I suppose I should change that...
3. I am an only child and have 4 step siblings, one who recently passed away. I never talk to the others. We simply aren't close.
4. I have 3 cousins who are the closest things I have to siblings. I never get to see them but we do our best to keep in touch.
5. I am pretty sure I have an undiagnosed shopping addiction.
6. While I am sure all parents think their kid is the coolest, I am certain mine is ;)
7. I am pretty sure I have an undiagnosed wine habit.
8. I'm 99% sure I do not want any more children.
9. I love my job but I am pretty sure I love the social aspects of it more than the actual work itself.
10. I try and clean the kitchen while Logan eats lunch because, let's face it, I want his nap time for my total chill time (like right now)
11. I don't have a hobby or any kind of special ability. I'm actually rather boring.

Miss MP's Questions for me:
1. If you could only DVR one show, what would it be? Only one? Jeepers. Can it be a throw back like Friends? I am pretty sure I could watch nothing but that for days. If not, then probably Dexter.
2. What is your favorite movie and book? Favorite movie is You've Got Mail. Favorite Book - this sounds odd but the only book I have truly re-read 10 times is Message From Nam by Danielle Steel. I was oobsessed with the Vietnam war in High School.
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Venice. 100%.
4. Christian Grey, Edward Cullen, or Mr. Darcy? Defend your answer ;-). Ok fine. Christian Grey (maybe the toned down version towards the end). Edward is a tool and Mr. Darcy is too polite. Hello, have you seen my stories about my Mr. Type A personality husband?
5. Rice pudding or tapioca? Rice Pudding
6. Congrats, you just won the lottery, big time. What are the first three things you do? Design and Build my dream house, give money to charity, and go hide on an island for a month with my family.
7. What's your favorite holiday recipe? Bonus points for sharing. We get the most excited for Chili because in Houston, that means it is actually cold enough here to make Chili! This is a tried and true recipe that has gone through many edits:

Lee’s Chili

Ingredients:
2 pounds ground meat
1 large onion
2 cans pinto beans
28 oz tomato sauce
1 bottle dark beer
14oz beef broth
1 can tomato paste
1 can diced green chilis
3 diced jalapeƱos, no seeds!
2 heaping tablespoons chili powder, or chili seasoning
1 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce. Just eyeball it.
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon Tabasco.

Brown onion and meat, drain off excess fat. Add seasonings to the meat before the sauces and broth and beer. I find it helps the seasoning stick to the meat. Taste often, add more chili powder if you want to. You can’t really mess up chili!

Simmer 3 hours.
 
8. If people knew you outside the blogosphere, whats one thing that might surprise them about you? I have a terrible potty mouth. Sailors would be in awe. I edit it online because I don't want to offend others.
9. What's one of your guilty pleasures? Buying magazines on the iPad. Actually, magazines in general. I am giddy when they show up in the mailbox!
10. If you could have any dream job, what would it be? I'd love to plan weddings but would hate to work every Saturday!
11. What are you looking forward to the most in 2013? Moving to a new house (fingers crossed) and watching Logan get even bigger. I'd also like to see myself give a little more oomph at my job. I will need to get more sleep for that to happen... 

People I Tag:
I am not sure I know 11 bloggers that read my silly blog often but let's try.
1. Missy @ The Johnson Family 
2. Annie @ Chapters Of Our Life
3. Lori @ Mama Needs Sushi
4. Emily @ Stop She's Got a Camera!

My Questions for them:
1. What is your favorite thing about the Holiday season?
2. What is your favorite color?
3. Tell me about a time you had buyers remorse!
4. If you could eat any meal, what would it be?
5. #1 place you want to visit
6. The best day of your life (so far)...
7. Favorite Band/Artist?
8. Have you ever been super irresponsible?
9. Do you have an undiagnosed addiction?
10. Why do you blog?
11. What's your favorite scent?

Leave me a comment and let me know when/if you answered the questions so I can check them out!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great answers! I do not have a hobby either and I remember reading Message From Nam in high school, I was kind of a Danielle Steel addict then. I’m def going to try the Chili recipe. Thanks for participating!

Anonymous said...

I also think I have an undiagnosed shopping addiction! That Chili recipe looks really good. The husband made chili last week...next time I should make it and try yours.

averyswifeliz said...

I forgot to comment last night and tell you I answered the questions on my blog. I liked your questions!