Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentines Day for Toddlers

First of all, as I start the hunt for a more education-related daycare, I realize Toddler is not the word for Logan anymore. He is Preschool Aged.

I'm sorry - what? PRESCHOOL? Meaning he is getting prepared for school?

This guy?

I perhaps need to take a moment to gather myself.

Back to my original purpose here.

Valentines Day.

Surely I am not the only parent who dreads going to the school and hauling off a giant bag of CANDY that my child has been given. I don't understand it, really. My Valentine gift to the kids was playdoh, bubbles, and goldfish! Why all the chocolate and crap?

Don't get me wrong, I am not one of those "my kid only eats organic" parents. He has his fair share of nuggets, mac-n-cheese, and corn dogs. I seem to have drawn the line with Candy. I hated giving it to him as a potty training tactic. My husband and I don't eat candy.

Maybe it was getting in the car this morning and seeing the large plastic sack of candy (which I threw away in the parking garage at work. Not ashamed). I kept the little paper valentines so Logan can look at them and we can talk about his friends. To me that is the important part.

Ok - Rant Over. I need coffee.
Photobucket

No comments: