Sunday, May 17, 2009

Spring Cleaning - Tech approach

Everyone gets that little bout of energy to clean the house for the Spring - starting over for the rest of the year.
I have already done that this year.
This weekend I focused on the computers.
We had almost 40 GB of music in iTunes. I started sifting through and found about 6GB of music that has magically appeared over the last few years. Lee doesn't listen to it, neither do i... I think Donald comes over here when we aren't home and just puts stuff on there to see if we notice.
Like the 6 Tori Amos albums... I don't even listen to her...

I also sifted through photos on iPhoto, and played with the new "Faces" feature. Took me almost an hour to delete and name, but it was worth it I think.

The iBook is trying to die and I don't know how much longer we can keep it alive. I am thinking about deleting alot of the programs off of there that we don't use and just having it for internet only. It's an idea...

I haven't blogged much lately because there really hasn't been much happening. I am working out almost everyday after work with Kyla. I was rather depressed on Monday after the physical trainer told me I was 145 pounds and 34% body fat. I want to be around 125 with a healthy BMI.

My high school reunion is in August, to I have that amount of time to lose about 20 pounds. I have lost about 4 in a little over a week. I think it was just water.

We had a nice lazy weekend, FINALLY! Slept until 9am (with interruptions by the puddies), then a 2 hour nap, then still in bed by midnight last night. I only left the house for Lilly's vet visit (she is great!), to pick up lunch, and to go to the store with Lee.

9am again this morning (with interruptions by the puddies). Lee went for a bike ride with Donald and Don and I played on the computer. I did a spin class on Friday and I am still sore from that.

I have done laundry and picked up around the house as well. I need to mop but it is rainy and the dogs will just undo the mopping. Maybe I can fit that in before we go to bed tonight.

That reminds me - I need to wash the sheets.

I am feeling really tired today and I don't know how to pin down why. We have just been running around crazy the past few weeks.

I am getting more and more afraid that I have been bitten with the baby bug. I have been around some new borns recently and the idea is growing on me.

However, until we can stop complaining that the dogs wake us up too early, I do not think we are ready!

I need to go to Palestine next weekend for the day to see folks. I really don't want to make that drive right now, but the longer I put it off the worse of a person I become.

All these thoughts are bouncing around in my head and I just don't feel 100% today. So if I am babbling on here, trying being inside my head.

But when it all comes down to it, I LOVE my husband and our life. Even when it is busy.

2 comments:

Sabrina Bowen said...

I love babbling posts! Lord knows I'm great at it! BTW - I don't care who you are, you never get used to someone waking you up...so don't wait on that before you decide on the baby!!! ;)

Donald said...

that's funny that you mentioned the "donald putting random songs in itunes when we aren't looking" bit...

haven't done it before, but the thought came to mind this weekend with some new music that i thought you might like ;)