Thursday, August 16, 2012

These days

Oy. This week. Yikes.

Monday: At work, everything plugging along, and at 2:45pm - phone call. Logan is running a 103 fever.
Me: Well hell.

So on impulse I take him to the pediatrician that is right down the way in the shopping center. Something was telling me to not just fill the antibiotics prescription I had in the car.
Sure enough, it's NOT his ears. He had a red throat and tonsils and they tested for strep - negative. So just a virus which means "sorry, gotta tough it out." On top of all that, this dude is teething and we haven't slept well in weeks.

Tuesday I take him back to that same Dr for allergy testing. When I told her the history and she called Walgreens to check the recent history of antibiotics - she was SHOCKED. She wanted to see if there was something he was allergic too that was possibly causing all this sickness.

He was a trooper for sure.
The end result - nothing too serious. Ragweed, lots of trees, mild allergies to milk, fish, and tomatoes.
And?
Cockroaches.

Any of you who know me personally know that roaches make me freeze in fear. I shake. I scream. I FREAK OUT.

Upon thinking of all this, I think the ceiling caving in thus attracting or making bugs welcome into our home - this was all the same time Logan got sick. Over. and Over.

So - now he is Nasonex and Benadryl at night and Claritin in the day. Yowza.
They said in many of the extreme ear infection cases Nasonex does wonders.

We also already had an ENT appointment scheduled for Thursday afternoon to talk about his Aednoid and I am glad to have all this other info under my belt when I go in there.

Can we just fix my little man already? Momma likes a healthy boy, and not being that schmoe that calls into work repeatedly.

On the teething front, he is cutting his bottom "Second Molars." This is what is causing much of the night waking and ear pulling.

Our routine is usually:

6:45pm-7pm - put cranky ass kid to bed cranked full of Advil or Tylenol.
Anytime between 2-4am - screaming from the crib. I bring in cold water and give more meds.
Sometimes he wakes up more than once but unless I can give him any meds, all I can do it go in, snuggle him a minute, and put him back down (where he screams for a full minute b/c he is pissed I left.)
I'm. So. Tired. Y'all.

So out of curiosity, I looked up a teething chart:

Upon studying this chart I figured something out - after he gets the top Second Molars.. we are done. DONE! No more teething!

SLEEP IS STILL ATTAINABLE!

Then my boss tells me "yeah then come growing pains. Have fun with THAT one!"

I would have liked to have a few more minutes of hope and happiness before she went there.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Donald said...

And then comes talking back.
"Time for bed"
NO
"I mean it - time for bed!"
NO!!!

Good thing Logan isn't at all strong-willed, so this should be easy. ;)

averyswifeliz said...

I am also allergic to cockroaches. Isn't that the oddest thing? Who knew you could be allergic to a bug!

Sarah said...

Boooooo sick boy. Yaaaaay new healthy Logan with all of his teeth!