Sunday, June 8, 2008

Hukilau

Oh yeah. When I was in first grade, we did the end of the year musical and I was in one with the song "Hukilau." we had a big rainbow parachute and we twirled in circles and stuff... I don't remember all the way. Well I told Lee about it and sang the song and so all week he has been saying "we are going to the Hukilau!" Well today shopping, I heard a melody on the speakers and it was the song! No words, but I could tell this was it. I found the lyrics online.

Oh we're going to a Hukilau
A huki huki huki huki Hukilau
Everybody loves the Hukilau
Where the laulau is the kaukau at the lû`au

We throw our nets out into the sea
And all the `ama`ama come a-swimming to me
Oh, we're going to a Hukilau
A huki huki huki Hukilau

What a beautiful day for fishing
That old Hawaiian way
Where the Hukilau nets are swishing
Down in old Lâ`ie bay

-----
We didn't get to see a real Luau while we were here, but maybe we will have to come back for that. I want some roasted pig!

No comments: