Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer fare

With things sooo incredibly hot around here, I decided to start trying new pasta salads. My friend Jennifer had made one not too long ago that I liked alot and all I remembered was the dressing. So I thought about all the things I would like in my salad and went for it. I also tried to recall what was in the La Madeline pasta salad. I really enjoyed it and took it for lunch 2 days at work too, it makes a ton!

Bre's Anti-pasto Pasta salad:

1 lb Mini-Farfalle (or any tiny pasta)
1/2 pkg of turkey pepperoni
1/2 pkg of smoked deli ham (or any deli meat, maybe chicken?)
1 can of petite diced tomatoes, juiced drained a bit
1/2 bottle of Newman's Own Light Balsamic
Chopped canned artichoke hearts, to your taste
Chopped fresh mozzerella cheese (i had a ball about the size of my palm)
Chopped fresh basil

While noodles are boiling, chop all ingredients to small sizes, enough to mix throughout the pasta. Once noodles are drained and slightly cooled, mix all together in a big bowl.

I enjoyed it a little warm, but it was just as good cold!

We leave tomorrow for Chicago. I will take some pictures for sure!

No comments: