Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's that time....

Pumpkins have been thrown away...
Shopping centers have put up decor...
The weather is crisp and cold (finally)...
CHRISTMAS!!! Lee is going out of town this weekend and I just don't think I can wait until Thanksgiving to decorate. I REALLY want to get started! REALLY BAD!
And we still have to take our photo for our card. I want to sit outside on the rocking chairs with my tree visible through the window. We shall see....

Last night I made a big pot of chicken tortilla soup. It was SO GOOD.
Recipe:

Tortilla Soup
•Frozen corn (however much you like)
•1 red bell pepper, split and seeded
•1 rotisserie chicken
•1 teaspoon poultry seasoning, 1/3 palm full
•1 tablespoon ground cumin, 1/3 palm full
•Salt and pepper
•1 small to medium zucchini, small dice
•1 medium yellow skinned onion, chopped
•3 cloves garlic, chopped
•2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (medium to hot heat level), chopped
•1 28oz can tomoto puree
•4-5 cups chicken stock
•1 cup shredded Cheddar or pepper jack cheese
Garnishes:
•Sour cream
•2 to 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro or parsley leaves
•1 ripe avocado, sliced

Directions:

Drizzle some EVOO in the bottom of pot/ dutch oven. Sautee veggies, peppers, and seasoning until soft. Pour in stock and puree. Add more stock if necessary. Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes. Shred chicken and mix in with soup. Garnish with cheese and serve.

Lee came in and was like "Zucchini in Tortilla soup?" and guess what - he loved it!

1 comment:

The Riddle Family said...

Oooh that sounds so yummy! And I did a double take when I saw the zucchini in the recipe, but then I was like - ya know, I bet it's reeeeeeally good in there!