Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Depression-Recession Brownies

Before I left work today, I was pulled into my boss's office and told 2 things:
1. My position is not changing
2. I am one of 2 out of 8 people who are NOT having their salary & hours cut. (one a result of the other).

This results in a melancholy feel.

I am ok. But what about my co-workers?

As I told Lee and Donald about it at standard Tuesday night dinner, I had about 1/2 a bottle of wine and decided to make brownies. Just because they would make me feel better...

Breann's Brownies

Ingredients:
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla (eyeball it)
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt

Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla, stir well.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, and salt. Pour sugar/butter mix over and stir until well combined. Pour batter into greased 8x8 pan.

Bake at 375 degrees about 30 minutes. I like mine a little fudgy in the middle...depending on your level of depression or sweet tooth - add a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

I heard Lee and Donald moan at the same time as they took the first bites from their bowls. Simple, cheap brownies. Fills your belly, helps you sleep.

No comments: