Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Things to do with a pregnant belly

We all know the main purpose of a preggo belly - to incubate a tiny human.

While that is all well and good, you end up finding many other nifty uses.

For me it's either holding extra flour for me while baking..
Or
Holding "things".

There are many things my belly, @ nearly 28 weeks, is great at holding for me.

Like coffee mugs:
(Say Hi to Teddy! on the ottoman who gets increasingly curious as to what I am doing..)

And ice cream bowls:(I love my latte bowls from Anthropologie. I love the cookies and cream ice cream that was in that bowl a little more...)

My phone has found a second home here:
(oy the fingerprints)

Now and then the belly is used as a ledge to rest a book or magazine:(Hello fall issue of Real Simple! I want that grey chair....)

Super awesome and convenient arm rest:(also good for feeling all those kicks and punches! Teddy is demanding a head pat...)

And on the rare occasion I get to hold this, the remote is cozy and warm here as well:
(head pat granted, Teddy is back to snuggling with froggy...)

It's super fun when one of these items is resting on my newfound shelf and Logan kicks and they move.

How's that for a parlor trick?

No comments: