Friday, September 3, 2010

Changes in Attitudes?

5 1/2 years ago - Lee and I got married. It was one of the happiest days of my life and I look back on it fondly.

As the years have progressed we have gotten our dynamic down almost to a predictable science. We know what the other likes to watch on tv, what to eat, what not to eat (i.e. Lee HATES marmalade..)... we are like peas and carrots.

In fact we have often talked about how lucky we feel that our marriage has been so easy. It just works!

Lately I have had an issue with coming to terms on how a baby is going to change this "us" that I know and love so much. We won't be able to be selfish with our time anymore. Sleeping in will never happen again (until he is like 15). We will have to make sacrifices we aren't used to. Things will simply change.
A lot.

So how does one look to the future "us" and not be so afraid? What if the future "us" isn't as easy? What if the future "us" isn't what we dreamed it would be?

Lee has a much less pessimistic view of the future "us." He thinks Logan will make us love each other more. That we will become even better and closer.

Must be nice not to have raging hormones that cause constant worry....

3 comments:

Donald said...

If Logan takes after y'all, he'll sleep in too ;)

Unknown said...

Your "us" will change. You will learn the true differences between men and women. Babies and maternal instinct will challenge any marriage. It it will be that "us" team bond that will get you threw the ruff days when two adults are being taken down by a toddler! Sounds like you have a strong "us" and will do great!

Jessica DeWitt said...

I have these same fears. I am very selfish and needy when it comes to Ryan... I don't want to share him with anyone. I have moments on the sofa with him where I think... "in 4 mths I won't be able to do 'this'." I get freaked out... I get over it... and try to reassure myself that it will be ok... cause it will.... right?