Thursday, October 6, 2011

Buddy Bear

Recently, we went to Palestine and my grandmother (fondly known to the little ones as GeeGee) had a special present for Logan.

A bear.

All 4 of us kids have sat in that rocking chair...
We named him Buddy.

Of all the stuffed animals he has played with, this is the only one he has pretty much clung to and loved on. He LOVES Buddy.

I had a "Buddy" when I was little - her name was Daisy. I put her through the trials of testing out Logan's new things here...

I never went anywhere without Daisy. I also had my Po. These two things were my smelly and soft best friends.

I wonder if this is Logan's woobie. If this bear my grandmother lovingly picked out for Logan and couldn't wait to give him will the bear that is thrown in mud and dragged around the house by his ear.

I have to go... there is something in my eye.

What about you? Did you have a Buddy?

Photobucket

5 comments:

Donald said...

I had a Mickey Mouse that Mom had to stitch back together a thousand times...
...and managed to somehow survive and sits on a shelf in the closet, so I still see him every day. :)

Unknown said...

I'm 67 years old! I can't remember back that far, but one of my boys had a pooh bear, and one had a blanket, from which neither could be separated for a long time!

Just dropped by from SITS to say hello; hope you have time to do the same.

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Reminds me of my "ChiChi" when I was a kid (also known as...this). Loved that thing. Still have it somewhere.

Holly said...

Yes! I surely did! It was a mouse/rabbit/bear thing called Squeaky. I have no idea where it is now though. :(

Anonymous said...

I had a blanket, rather than a buddy!

My son just started growing attached to his own buddy... so I bought two more (one for grandma, one extra for me, just in case! hehe)