Monday, April 2, 2012

Monday's Menu

The last few weeks I have really gotten into prepping food on Sunday for the week. It's usually during Logan's nap and it really makes the weeknights easier on all of us.

This week's menu is:

Sunday: Roasted Chicken in Potacchio - which I saw on the Chew and drooled over.

Monday: Turkey Meatloaf with walnuts and sage. Lee's mother made this for us recently and it was a hit - with Logan too! I am going to serve this with steamed broccolini and baby potatoes.

 Tuesday: Easy stir fry using the sauce from this recipe. And a little homemade fish sauce.

Wednesday: Pizza and Salad. I bought a frozen Central Market Organic pepper and goat cheese pizza and plan to make a salad to go along with it. I also plan on enjoying a nice Pino Grigio with it...

Thursday: Roasted poblano's with chicken, rice, and beans.

Friday - out to eat!

Here is what I did to prep these meals.

I boiled a whole chicken and pulled it apart. I will use half for the stir fry and half for the poblanos.
I cut up all the veggies for the stir fry.
I mixed the meatloaf so all I have to do is come home and put it in the oven.

This really is a method that is working for us and with this being Logan's first week at the new day care, I wanted as little stress in the evenings as possible. 

Do you do anything on the weekend to make the week easier?

Photobucket

No comments: