Sunday, March 1, 2009

Weekend with the Fam

This weekend my grandparents and mom drove down and stayed the night. The girls all went to the Galleria and the boys built a garden. I think the girls had more fun!

After lunch and some walking, we wanted coffee. Starbucks was too crowded so we walked down to the bookstore and had coffee there...That is my grandmother, who not only drank her coffee but most of my mom's!
After the bookstore, we hit JCrew, where I wished I had $3,000 to spend... but I walked out with flip flops and a pair of shorts (thanks to these generous ladies). Wouldn't you know we had a cold front come through last night? DARN!
Mom and Grandma got new sunglasses...
If you look over my mom's shoulder - you see my mecca - JCrew...
(I can't thank Jennifer enough for showing this store to me and starting my obsession).
We walked all through Neiman Marcus, Tiffany's, and Saks Fifth Avenue. After that, everything else seemed cheap!
Meanwhile, Lee and Papa were making a garden.
Today Lee and I added the leftover travertine from the kitchen. The netting is to keep the dogs from running through it and to keep the birds out once the tomatoes start growing.
Now that the garden is built... I get to water it....That is my watering can. The funniest thing about this is that i hate squirrels because they mess up my flower bed in the front. This was a gift from my mother-in-law. So now it shall be used to water my new garden.

No comments: