Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday Face! (also...Reader of the Month)

Guys!! Gals!! It's Friiiiiiiddaaaaaaaaaay!
That means it is time for the weekend. Time for naps, food, wine, sunshine, and naps.
Also - it means it is time for Friday Face!

This Friday Face is super fun because not only is she MY Friday Face but I am also HER Friday Face!
Neat-o huh?

Everyone - Meet Lauren over at Warm & Fuzzy.

She is a sensational crafter, party planner, and mother. She also has a pretty intense love for LSU.
I met Lauren while doing a SITS class over how to market your blog. We started tweeting and reading each other's blogs and getting along just fine.
Oh - I am rambling. It is the excitement of Friday Face and the weekend. Read on to learn more about Warm N Fuzzy Blog!


1. I am not crafty at ALL. What advice do you have to those who wish they could craft?
Just try it. I didn't really know I was crafty either until I tried it. I always had great creative ideas as a teacher and was able to use that as my creative outlet. When I see a craft or an idea I like and think I can do it or make something like it I try it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but you never know how it will turn out if you never give it a shot. There are many MANY half completed craft projects in my closet that didnt turn out the way I planned.

2. Where do you get ideas for your crafts?
I find most of my ideas from other craft blogs. I love linky parties, or Craft contests. I get some of my best ideas from those places. I will see something that someone  has done and think, " how can I make that work for me?" Would it work for my classroom? One of my boys? Would one of my friends love it? What outfit would that look cute with? Where can I put that in my house? LOL

3. What is your favorite type of craft?
Right now I am trying to find new sewing projects. I just got a sewing machine for my birthday and have yet to use it. I am a complete newbie, have never sewn a stich. I cannot wait until school is out so that I can get into it all.

4. When you aren't crafting, what types of things do you like to do?
I love spending time with my family and friends. We are a very on the move family. We do not stay home on the weekends we are usually on the move. Going to the zoo, the park, or just walking around the French Quarter for fun. If you have seen my blog at all you know I am a HUGE LSU fan. We love sports, football and baseball especially. We are counting down the days until football starts again.

5. I see you also design parties... what types have you done?
My obsessive party planning is what made me start blogging really. Last year for Eli's 3rd birthday I went all out and we had a Rock n Roll party. I had a music therapist play music for the kids for 45 minutes and we had a whole music theme. This year Ben Henry's 1st birthday was Mickey themed, again I probably went overboard according to others. Some themes for parties I have done are: Wizard of Oz, Sweet Shoppe, Club 13, Cupcakes & Cocktails and Graduations.


 
Lauren - it was so nice getting to know you and I hope the LSU season pans out for you!
In the meantime, hopefully I can learn a little about crafting from following your blog!

Stop on over and visit Lauren and say hello!

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What a cute swap! I love that pictures of the birthday party! What a great idea :D

Katie @ Chicken Noodle Gravy said...

Such a cute birthday party! Am I too old for a party like that? Great feature!!!