Monday, June 6, 2011

More looks at past posts...

Due to lack of imagination, and because you all seem to enjoy this, I am posting some more old stuff. This is all right after I had left college, moved to Houston, and started my first real job.
-------------------------------------------
This has nothing to do with anything but I laughed for 5 minutes after I read it...


Bizarre events
Sep. 3rd, 2004 | 10:43 pm
I feel...:  giddy
Noise in my head...: Need For Speed Underground Music
When is it normal, EVER, to walk into the video store and get in line behind a kid (maybe 8?) in a FLAMINGO costume? Where the hell does someone acquire a Flamingo costume, why would you ever need one, and who let's their kid out in public wearing it? I mean, nobody else is in a costume, it's not Halloween. Wait, who would dress up as a FLAMINGO for Halloween? He even had the head of it (in the form of a hood) on. Then when they were leaving, he started flapping the wings. So i laughed out loud. So I stood in line and giggled until they left. And I giggled all the way home too..
That made my damn day.

Thank the lord Donald and Carl were not with me. We would have been asked to leave.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Please realize, I was 24 when I wrote this and didn't even have any idea I ever wanted a kid... This also alerts me to exactly how long I have hated mini vans...
I need help...
Mar. 17th, 2005 | 10:41 pm
I feel...:  devious
Noise in my head...: stupidfuckingbasketballgameontv
I need to be sent to Road Rage Anonymous.. I have started a very long list of things I hate when I am driving around in Houston...
      Minivans
      Kids (because they can't be exempt from my rage solely because they can't drive)
      Old people driving 10mph in a 50
      People in sports cars that weave in and out of traffic because they spent 500,000$ on this car and can't wait to wreck it
      Any car with a sticker on the window with their kids name and the sporting event symbol under it.  Who cares if Suzie is a cheerleader in the 7th grade?
      Stupid slogans on the back window.. today I saw "Got Sand?"  WTF? Your car should not be used as your outlet to advertise your stupidity
Ok.. we will stop there for now.  Much of this is stemmed from my 2 days of driving around Houston shopping for work. 
 
And here is Donald's reference to my road rage problem...
donald: why did the chicken cross the road?  because bre threatened to fuck it up if it didn't?
breinash: hahahaha yeah yeah, but only if it's an old chicken, or a kid chicken... or a chicken in a minivan
donald: lmao
-----------------------------------------------
Ever look back at your hometown after you are all grown up?

Fun Weekend
Apr. 10th, 2005 | 08:28 pm
I feel...:  chipper
Noise in my head...: Annoying commercial!
I woke up nice and early on Sat and got ready for the trip to Palestine. I was out the door at a nice time of 8:30, stopped for gas, and then I was on my way. I arrived in my beautiful hometown at about 11:15 and drove around taking it in. This is the first time in a long time that I really took in the charm of my lovely town. The courthouse is one-of-a-kind, antique shops, and the original, barely renovated downtown with all it's shops. I know I am in the city now, but I do miss the small town pace I was accustomed to for 20 years.
So I drove around, sunroof open, and music a little too loud. Then I got out to my grandparents house and walked around their yard, which my grandpa has done SO MUCH work. Grandma and I drove down to "Old Town" (a little section of shops and a gin behind downtown) and I found some neat bargains to use my gift certificates on! We walked around in downtown a bit, and then headed home. We had dinner at the country club (don't i sound like a southern belle now?) and visited at home. I headed out to Applebees at about 9 and I was there about 30 min before Katie. I watched all the people and I had forgotten how cute country boys can be!! HAHA Katie and her prefect belly showed up, and Brian a bit later. We had fun and teased our waitress... Audrea!
This morning I went to church with my grandparents. Papa didn't want to be there and was a real hoot the whole morning long. I am not really fond of the Episcopal church, so I don't think I will go back next time. I am a Methodist all the way! We then had lunch at the Harvey Women's Club (i have no idea) and Papa was telling me all these people's secrets! "You see that lady over there? She has more money than God!"
I headed home and was so excited when my phone found signal! I was on the phone for all but an hour of my trip. I picked up a few things at GAP and then i was home sweet home!!
Lee will be home soon.. about 3 hours. I am so excited! 

-----------------------------
I hope you enjoyed this. The next segment starts our house-hunting...
 



Photobucket

5 comments:

Carlin said...

I wonder what sort of costumes Logan and Brady are going to "make" us buy them???.....hmmmm......havent thought about that phase yet!!!!! yikes!!!!! ha ha!

Handflapper said...

Yes, I was going to say, now that you are a parent, you WILL someday understand why a kid would be walking around in a flamingo costume. Sometimes it's just easier to let them be flamingos.

Katie @ Chicken Noodle Gravy said...

HA! Love the road rage commentary. Girl, I am with you on most of those. Or am with the old you. :) I especially have a hatred for the sports car weaving in and out of traffic.

Sarah said...

Ohhhhh I can't wait for house hunting info. Just find one for me while you're at it. Okthxbye.

Diane Haynes said...

That was so good!