Thursday, October 9, 2008

Too many thoughts, One little brain...

My 30 minute drive home gave me too much time to think today.

What does this recession / crisis mean to our person lives and finances? How badly will it be felt in Houston, which always seems to have this bubble around it. People around here are pretty wealthy and just keep spending no matter what. That's hard to not follow.

I have been reading Nie's and her sister's blog daily, more than once, and i thought alot about Nie on the way home today. What an inspiring person. She is a mother of 4 little kids, but never once in her blog is she like "UGH! Kids are so hard! Kids are so dirty!!" She only writes happy things. yes, I realize that she had bad days too, and probably chose those days to just stay away from her blog.
But mostly, I think about her faith. She is so so very strong in her faithand you have to think about how that is pulling her through her ordeal. So, those who are not strong in thier faith... what happens? These days, I do find that hard. I used to be a church-goer, but the older I got, the more I became the Christmas/Easter church person. I can't say that any one thing happened to make me move away from it. It just happened. And nowadays, you are almost poked fun at if you flaunt your strong faith. I am not saying in any way that i don't believe in God. But I don't turn there first when I am hurting or mad or need help.

I speed, run yellow lights, curse in traffic (and most of the time after that), I am self-conscious which makes me poke fun at others. Am I a bad person? I don't think I am. I will help anyone that needs it. I am a really good friend (i hope!) I will do anything to make you like me and want to be my friend.

I am rambling. So full of thoughts.

I always so scared I will offend someone. I have always been the people pleaser. I need to go see my family more. We use the 2.5 hour drive as an excuse, but there are people who live cross country from each other, so I am lucky. I don't remember the last time I saw my dad and he lives about 45 minutes away. Shameful. (my excuse, he works for the railroad, i never know when he is home.)


No comments: