Thursday, April 7, 2011

Friday Face!

Happy Friday everyone!

I wanted to start a new segment called Friday Face. I thought this would be an awesome way for everyone to link up and meet new people!

This week I want everyone to say Hello to Chloe!



Hello there CHLOE!!

She writes a awesome blog called My New Life As a Housewife. I asked her a few questions so that we could all get to know her a little better...


1. What inspired you to start your blog?

I had just graduated and couldn't find a job. I had a lot of free time and found the blog Confessions of a Young Married Couple (now known as Marriage Confessions). I became addicted. And I thought it would be so cool to start a blog and meet new friends from all over the world. First, I created my blog with wordpress. I don't remember how I named it. But then MJ (my husband) and I bought a house, MJ proposed and I moved my blog to blogspot and changed its name to My New Life as a Housewife, where I would tell my adventures as a bride-to-be, and later as a married girl/housewife.

2. What is daily life like for you, as a newly-wedded housewife?
Before our wedding, I had a job. I worked as a teacher, in the afternoons-evenings. So I would wake up early in the mornings, and do all the chores/grading exams before going to work. But when we came back from our honeymoon, I was fired. So my routine has changed. Now I wake up at 8, have breakfast, check the mail and blog. Now from 8:30 AM I'm teaching at home. I have some students that come to my house to learn English or French (kids, teenagers and adults). And I also teach on-line. (It's not a real job, but at least it gives us some extra money) When I finish my classes, I have lunch, then walk Stitch (our ferret), clean his cage, clean a little bit the house, have a shower, and then maybe I have some more classes or do something it needs to be done. Now I'm busy with our garden. In winter, I was busy with Christmas decorations or buying/wrapping presents/baking goodies... Then MJ comes home and tell each other about our day, and then go grocery shopping or start cooking dinner together. Sometimes he also helps cleaning the bathrooms/washing dishes. I hate cleaning bathrooms (I find it gross), so that's HIS chore. haha

3. I think it's so cool that you live in Spain. What makes living in Spain special to you?

I think you are asking the wrong person. Ha! I don't like living in Spain...
My dad says I'm not Spanish but American. Ha! He's funny...
Here in Spain, people have lunch at 3 pm. I can't!! I'm starving at 12:30! So I have lunch at 12:30 or 1 pm. Then there's the siesta. I don't like sleeping after lunch. I have lots of things to do.
And then people start eating again at 6 pm. But that's not dinner. Dinner is at 10 or 11 pm. Too late for me!! I have dinner at 8:30-9 pm and I go to bed at 11pm. I'm an old lady.
But what I really like about Spain is its history. Its cities are books of history. I live in Seville and there are so many beautiful buildings, like the cathedral or Los Alcázares from the Middle Ages. So so beautiful. If you ever come to Spain, you should visit Seville. It's a must.

4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

I have no idea. Seriously. I'd like to live abroad. That's all I know. MJ and I are looking for job offers in Germany, United States or Canada. But with no luck, so far.
I wish our dream would come true.
And maybe in 5 years, we'll have some cute babies. ;-)

5. What is your favorite dessert?
ICE CREAM! No question. I didn't even have to think about it! Chocolate, vanilla, strawberry... I love them all!

6. Tell me something unique about yourself.
Hmm... Let me think...

I have a ferret. And he is the best pet in the world. Does it count?
My eyes change color, depending on the weather or just the day. Sometimes they are grey, sometimes they are blue or even green.
Is this unique??
Oh, and I don't like watching TV. Except for series and movies.

Head on over and check out her blog and say hello!




Want to be featured on Friday Face? Send me an email!

11 comments:

Mami en construcción said...

Thanks Breann!!
I loved to participate! It was so much fun!!!
Have a good weekend!

Irene said...

I like Chloe a lot! We've been friends since college and I'm happy that she's so happy as a housewife! :)

Jessica DeWitt said...

Chloe:
It was great getting to know you! I went to Barcelona and Port Lligat in College, Spain is beautiful. I agree, the History is the best part!

Nain @ View From Down Here said...

I love Chloe and her blog! And this interview has given more perspective into her life, too! AND, it helped explain why when we went to Ireland no one was eating at noon and 6 when we went out for lunch and dinner! because we were wondering if we were doing something wrong :-)

Tatiana said...

She's such a sweetie isn't she? It was great getting to know her better :)
PS: thanks for your comment :)

Unknown said...

This was great! I loved learning about Seville. I will head over to her blog now.

Unknown said...

I am so glad everyone enjoyed meeting Chloe! She is a faithful commenter and follower here and I wanted to return the love! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Karen Greenberg said...

I love this idea. What a great way to get to know bloggers. I especially liked reading about how Chloe's blog came to be. I am now following both of you!

Stopping by from the Comment Love hop.

Anonymous said...

Hi, just stopping by from FTLOB! Cute blog :) Your little boy is adorable!

Rachel @ dreamingofthecountry said...

Yay - love Chloe and her blog. Glad that I found this new blog through hers too - I have enjoyed reading :)

Unknown said...

Great post! Stopping by from the FTLOB Blog hop, I'm glad I came across your blog I really like the layout, it's a great little place :)