Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday Face!

Happy Happy Happy Friday everyone! 

Friday means many things to me. 

Half day at work. 

More time with Logan. 

And - It's FRIDAY FACE!

This week I stumbled upon Alice's Blog - Alice Surviving Wonderland - after she commented on my blog - after she stumbled from Tiffanie's blog - where I was talking about the product of the week.

(are you still with me?)

I was instantly smitten and wanted to know more about her so I contacted her about being this week's face.
It also helps that she's purty.
Meet ALICE!

*Picture taken by Sherri Scarpa Photography, you can find her on Facebook.*
1. Tell me a little bit about your family!

My family consists of Alan (who should be my husband by now, we have been together for 6 years), my daughter Emilee who is 12, my son Zackary who is 10, and my baby Colton, 14 months old, and myself, Alice. I just turned 29. If you are good at math then you can obviously calculate that I had Emilee and Zackary at a very young age, and that Alan is not their biological father. I had Em 19 days before my 17th birthday. Then Z followed behind 18 months and 3 days later. I didn't do things the "right" way then and I still don't. But I believe my kids are here for a reason. They truly are my blessings. And I know that I have a God who forgives and loves me. Even though I had my older 2 at a younger age, I still graduated high school and I also have my Associate's Degree from a community college. I have had a full-time, steady job since January 2001. I worked in Real Estate for 5 years and I have been at my current job in the Oil & Gas Industry for 5 years. Alan works in Home Construction. He hopes to be a builder with his own company one day. My daughter is in middle school. She is in band and she also does gymnastics. She had been a dancer for 7 years. She will also be starting Cheerleading this summer. Zack LOVES football. He has been playing for 6 years now. He played baseball up until this year. But he decided that football was the only sport he wanted to play. And my baby Colton, well he loves me, walking in his wagon, playing outside, any and all food - he seriously would eat all the time, his binky, music & dancing, and bath time!  We like spending time together as a family, going to movies, being outside at the lake, etc.

2. What meal is the biggest hit in your house?

I would have to say that Pioneer Woman's Italian Drip Beef (I posted about it here) is one of the biggest hits in our house. We also like anything Mexican! Tacos, Enchiladas, etc. I love making PW's salsa and her pico de gallo and adding both to fresh guacamole. Yum! Now I am hungry!

3. What made you decide to start blogging?

I really don't remember why I decided to start blogging. I guess it had to do with the fact that I read a TON of blogs and I thought to myself, "I can do that, I need to start an online journal".

4. What is your favorite part of the day?

During the work week my favorite part of the day is when I get to pick up my kids! I wish more than anything that I could be a stay-at-home mom, but I just can't. So I look forward to 4:30 p.m. every Monday thru Friday. Then we get to go home, eat dinner, play, spend time together, and go to bed.

5. As a mom to 3, do you have any advice for us new mom's?
Just use your head and your heart for what is right and wrong for your children. You were chosen to be THEIR mother/father! I do think you should listen to advice from others but you never have to follow that advice. Trust your parenting instinct. What works for one family may not work for yours. Try to remember that they are children. They do make messes. And they are learning. I am getting a lot better at being ok with messes :-) Make sure to always have an open line of communication, especially once they get older. If they ask a question, then give them the truth. Pray for them daily!

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Alice, I am so glad you agreed, rather last minute, to be my Friday Face.
Head on over and visit her and say howdy!
http://alicesurvivingwonderland.blogspot.com/

Why am I so southern talkin' today? No idea.
Have a super awesome wonderful fantabulous weekend!


Photobucket

8 comments:

Katie @ Chicken Noodle Gravy said...

Great feature! I especially love Alice's blog design...very cute :)

Mami en construcción said...

Love it!!
Nice to meet you Alice!!
You have such a cute family!!
:)
Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

Alice - you did a great job! I really do admire how you're able to balance everything and be such a great mommy to your big kids and baby boy! Wonderful advice on question 5! Love ya girl! :)

Candace said...

Love both these blogs! So cute!

Unknown said...

This was really sweet to read! Alice sounds awesome. I bet she is a fun mother. She obviously loves her kids with all of her heart and works hard for them! Thanks for introducing her to us. :)

Alice said...

Thanks for calling me purty. I'm blushing.
And thank you commenters for all the sweet comments :-)

Alice said...

@ Katie - you need to click on the button on my page for THE BLOG DOCTOR! She is a friend of mine and makes awesome blog headers. Well at least I think so!

Unknown said...

Hello everyone i found out about a spell caster Esango priest that can help you bring back your ex lover, this spell caster helped me few weeks ago after i contacted him to help me, he made my ex girlfriend to come back to me within 3days and ever since my lover came back to me she now shows me so much love more than ever before. you can contact him via email: esangopriest@gmail.com he can help you get back with your lover.