Monday, March 14, 2011

SLEEP

When I was having trouble with Logan's sleeping, I was told over and over "Put him on a schedule!" So I tried it.
I tried BabyWise, I tried Baby Whisperer, I tried several "schedule" books. I fed him on the dot at certain times even if he was asleep - I just woke him up.

I am sorry but this is nuts. Wake up a baby to feed it? It's SLEEPING. Which is the goal right? Most times, by the time he ate, had awake time, and fell asleep, he was asleep not even an hour and I was waking him up to eat again. Crazy town.

So basically the only time I woke him up after about 8weeks was at 10pm to eat a bottle and then everyone went to bed.

The last 2 weeks, he has been refusing most of the 10pm bottle. He eats half and just crashes or yells because he doesn't want it.

Coming to work today, my neighbor here has a 5 month old baby girl. I asked her what she does. She never used a "schedule." (she has 2 kids) Her baby gets home from daycare, eats about 6:30ish, and sleeps. When she wakes back up, she feeds her again, and that's it. Sometimes it's 11pm. Sometimes it's 1am. But either way it's better than 4am when you are staring at the clock because you know your alarm goes off at 6:15.

So tonight I am trying that. Feed little dude at 6:30-7, let him sleep till he wakes up, feed him again, go to bed. Done. I can't keep waking up at 4 all frustrated because he should be asleep. He isn't going to sleep from 10:30-7 if he only ate 3 ounces. I would rather wake up at 1am and still get 5 more hours of good sleep.

We'll see.

4 comments:

Jessica DeWitt said...

thats kinda what we've been doing too, for a week now...
he sleeps from 8ish to 5ish.. eats then sleeps til 7ish... then he goes to Kellie's...
I need from 5-7 to get beautiful anyway! :)

Unknown said...

Baby wise is a cult! My neighbor is seriously scary baby wise mom. I learned it's lime high school clicks, those who are schedule Nazis & those who don't.
I was the feed them when they are Hungry click

Mami en construcción said...

Good luck!!
Hope you can have some rest!

Unknown said...

Amber that is hilarious!!!